Vendor Application Information
On Sunny Slope Farm Wine and Oyster Festival Vendor Applications are open! If you submit an application, we will be in touch very soon. We are looking for…
- 8 Wineries
- 12 Craft/Retail booths
- 10 Food Vendors
- 4 Bands
We are looking for high quality products, either handmade or unique and beautiful. Artisans and crafts people are highly encouraged to apply. Food booth/truck selection will be based on affordable and creative menus. We do not duplicate craft or food booths (i.e. we would not accept two sunglass vendors or two pizza vendors.) Applying as a vendor does not guarantee your acceptance this year.
Please make sure to have read and understand the following before applying.
- The overall appearance and presentation of your booth is critical to the overall feeling of the festival and to your retail success. We want to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience. The festival staff determines booth placement.
- CRAFT/ARTISAN/FOOD VENDORS: Booth space is limited to a single story 10′ x 10′ booth with a good roof that can withstand wind, rain, snow, hail and other inclement weather. Come prepared for all types of weather especially wind. You may and should stake your tent into the ground.
- WINE VENDORS: You will be given booth space under the main event tent. One 10 foot bar will be in place for you to delineate your space from others. If you would like pipe and drape you may bring your own.
- For the sake of all vendors we will not allow booths that look like “tarps on sticks”. We prefer you have three sides on your booth. Food vendors/trucks will be given an additional prep area behind their respective booth/truck. If you are not sure that we will accept your booth, please send us a picture.
- We will have limited access to electricity for craft and artisan vendors. If you must have electricity at your booth, your extension cords should be at least 100′ feet long. 220 volt access is not available. We do have 50 and 30 amp access for food booths/trucks. Be very detailed in stating your power needs.
- Your booth must be open during the entire festival. You cannot vacate early.
Please staff your booth with fun-loving, toe-tapping, smiling folks!
Your booth must be neat, attractive and well-maintained. You must have a professional looking sign…please no neon lights or flashers. Banners and flags are encouraged.
You are responsible for setting up, maintaining, and removing your own booth, your merchandise and your trash. Your booth must be removed and the area cleaned up before 7PM.
All craft booths must have a usable 5 lb. fire extinguisher and all food booths must have a usable 11 lb. fire extinguisher with a valid inspection tag.
Additional requirements for food booths/booths:
- Food trucks/booths must comply with local food handling regulations.
- The festival WILL NOT provide refrigeration.
- 10lb bags of ice will be available for purchase from festival staff for $4 per bag (price may change).
- We are committed to minimizing the impact of the festival on the environment. We encourage for you to do your part and help us maintain our reputation as a “green” festival. As such, we ask that you use bio-degradable utensils and accessories (plates, cups, food containers, etc). Food vendors whose application is accepted will be given further information regarding this initiative.
- We feed scraps to our two pigs. If you can please bring a 5 gallon bucket for bio-degradable products and food. We will also provide recycling bins for glass, aluminum, approved plastics and cardboard in the vendor area.
- You are required to have your own grease barrel. This type of waste is considered hazardous, and therefore we ask that you do not dump any of it in regular dumpsters or attempt to pour it down a sink or on the grounds.
- Vendors found not following these rules will be removed from the festival and fined.
- Pets are absolutely not allowed on Festival grounds.
- $0 for Wineries. Wineries agree to provide tastings to festival attendees in lieu of a booth fee per ABC regulations.
- $100 for Food trucks/booths
- $50 for Craft/Retail booths.
- Included in the booth fee are:
- 2 non-transferable 1-Day festival passes.
- 1 Vendor Vehicle Pass to unload/load your stuff. Once you are set-up, your vehicle must remain parked in the vendor area during the festival. We do not allow re-entry once the festival has begun. Site Access is from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. the day of the festival; access will reopen at 5:30PM.
- Access to wireless internet (password will be provided day of festival)
- Festival will not expect any commission on sales of any vendor at the festival.
- Once accepted you will be invoiced for the booth fee and pay online with a check or credit card.
Promotion and marketing costs will be funded through sponsorship and ticket sales. If you would like to have your business mentioned in our promotional material or listed on both the volunteer and the festival tee-shirt you can pay a promotion fee of $250 as part of your application. Please make out a second check or pay with a credit card for this. If you would like to be a sponsor of the festival you may do that as well and can find that information on the sponsors page.
Lodging is being provided by Hotel Madison and Shenandoah Valley Conference Center.
Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Children may access the vendor area only through the front of your booth.
A $100 refundable deposit is required with your application and will be returned to the vendor upon departure after participation in the entire festival, the booth space is cleaned by vendor, inspected by the Festival staff, and vacated. Please send one check for the deposit.
- You will need to either supply On Sunny Slope Farm Wine and Oyster Festival with a current Certificate of Liability for a minimum of $1,000,000 naming Sunny Slope, LLC and On Sunny Slope Farm, Inc. as additional insured or pay a $200 premium to the Festival and we’ll make sure you’re insured. Please indicate your preference on the application.
- Vendor accepts responsibility for all lost or stolen merchandise and equipment.
- Vendor accepts all responsibility, liability, and costs for any damage to booth, to customers, to the festival and to the environment.