Wedding planning at a wedding venue that is experienced is essential if you want your wedding to be perfect. As Harrisonburg Virginia’s most experienced Full Service Wedding Venue we are ready to help make your wedding planning easy, stress free and most importantly budget friendly!
Concierge Vendor Selection Service
We can save you dozens of hours with one email!
You may pick On Sunny Slope Farm because you feel it would be a beautiful place for your Special Day. But being an established wedding venue means that we have a HUGE infrastructure to make the planning of your wedding stress-free, uncomplicated and time effective. Very few venues can offer this kind of service!
Part of our wedding package includes our Concierge Vendor Selection Service.
What is it? Well, it is pretty simple. And we will be happy to tell you how it works after your booking. It is a bit of a trade secret of ours.
What is GREAT about our process is that you only spend time contacting vendors that:
- You know are available on your wedding day!
- And are in your budget!
Of course, you can choose other vendors if you like but at least you won’t have to waste time if some of our vetted vendors suit you just as well.
Today I got an inquiry from a friend of a bride who was looking for a venue for her. She had A BUNCH of questions! But they were really good ones! So I thought I would post them here for others. Hope they are helpful.
- What is the number of guests you allow? 250 IS INCLUDED IN PRICE. MORE AT AN UP CHARGE.
- Can the venue host the ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner to all be included in the Saturday wedding price? YES
- How long would we have access to the event spaces we’ve reserved? I.E. bridal suite to get ready? 10 AM – 10PM STANDARD MORE HOURS AT UP CHARGE.
- What is the cost of the day-of-wedding coordinator? I checked the website and it does not have this information. What are this person’s duties? $425. MOST ANYTHING NEEDED. NORMALLY TIME LINE AND COORDINATION THE DAY OF.
- Does the venue provide cutlery, cake-cutting knives? NO
- Is there a cake cutting fee? NO
- For inclement weather, is there an indoor venue area for the wedding ceremony or are tents the only option? TENT HAS DOORS AND WALLS AND CAN BE COMPLETELY CLOSED. SITS ON PATIO SO IS LIKE A BUILDING.
- At what time on the day of the wedding can vendors set up? AFTER 10 AM
- Can we source out for our caterer, floral, DJ, etc? YES If we outsource, is a kitchen or anything available to them? RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN IS AVAILABLE BUT IS NOT INSPECTED. SO MOST ARE REQUIRED TO COOK IN THEIR OWN KITCHENS BY LAW AS I UNDERSTAND IT.
- How much is the deposit? 1/2
- What is the cancellation policy? YOU MAY CANCEL BUT PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE UNLESS I REBOOK DAY.
- What’s the payment plan? 1/2 AT BOOKING 1/2 AT ONE MONTH MEETING. FINANCING AVAILABLE. IF MORE THAN 12 MONTHS OUT 1/3, 1/3,1/3
- Are there any decoration limitations? MUST BE SAFE AND NO TAPE. Are candles permitted? YES IN CONTAINERS THAT REACH HIGHER THAN FLAME.
- May we bring our own decorations if we chose to or do we have to use the packages available on the website? YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN.
- Can we move things around and decorate to suite our needs? YES
- Do you own sound equipment? YES. TWO.
4 Hours of Decoration Time FREE with every new Friday Wedding Booking in 2017!
Are you concerned about not having enough decoration time on your wedding day? Do you feel like you need a few more hours to get things ready? Maybe you want to get all the DIY stuff done so you can relax on your wedding day and enjoy all the pampering? What about setting up the plate-ware on the tables, getting the beer, wine and mixers cold and getting that ceremony rehearsal out of the way? Would you like it if, on the day of the wedding, you could relax, enjoy your family and friends and maybe even get a couples massage as you prepare for the biggest day of your life?
Well, if you said yes to any one of these decoration questions then booking your Wedding on a Friday in 2017 On Sunny Slope is the best choice you could ever make! That’s right, I said you need to book a Friday Wedding at our local wedding venue in the Shenandoah Valley located in Rockingham County right on the city limits of Harrisonburg Virginia. Why you may ask?
- We set up the venue for you on Thursday morning including the ceremony site. And put all the linens on the tables so that you can get everything ready the day before your Friday Wedding.
- You get 4 hours of decoration time on Thursday FREE to come to the wedding venue and get everything preset.
- We open up the buildings for those 4 hours so that you can leave your stuff over night and use the restrooms if you need to during your rehearsal.
- You get an additional hour (that makes 5) to have your ceremony rehearsal at the location of your wedding the next day.
- After you ceremony rehearsal is over you can either head off to your rehearsal dinner at another location and we ill close everything up for you safe and sound OR you can add-on time to have your rehearsal dinner at our wedding venue for a small fee (based on number of people, amount of time and services needed)
See what one family was able to do with 4 hours of Decoration time on Thursday…
On Sunny Slope Farm Receives 2016 Best of Harrisonburg Award
Harrisonburg Award Program Honors the Achievement
HARRISONBURG December 8, 2016 — On Sunny Slope Farm has been selected for the 2016 Best of Harrisonburg Award in the Wedding Planning category by the Harrisonburg Award Program.
Each year, the Harrisonburg Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Harrisonburg area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2016 Harrisonburg Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Harrisonburg Award Program and data provided by third parties.
About Harrisonburg Award Program
The Harrisonburg Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Harrisonburg area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Harrisonburg Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.
SOURCE: Harrisonburg Award Program
Send Me Brochure with Pricing
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thur. Additional: 7:00 PM -9:00 PM
Tours and Meetings can be schedule on Contact Page.
ON SUNNY SLOPE FARM
1000 Erickson Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
1672 Sunny Slope Lane
Harrisonburg, VA 22801