Our winemaker, Randy Phillips is the owner of Cave Ridge Vineyards in Mt. Jackson, VA. Randy has over 25 years of experience in winemaking and is well renowned in the Virginia region. Randy makes our wines from grapes on our estate, his estate or sourced in the Shenandoah Valley. We are continuously developing new combinations of grapes and lavender types for new and exciting flavors! We all enjoy this, as someone has to do all the flavor testing!
All of our vines have been planted in the past two years, giving our visitors unique insight into the vineyard start-up process. We are currently growing six varietals: Cabernet Franc, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Petit Verdot, Vidal Blanc, and Viognier. The Shenandoah Valley AVA, established in 1982, is becoming one of the well-known American Vitacultural Areas of Virginia due to its favorable growing conditions and ability to produce a large number of varietals.
Cave Ridge Vineyard is a family-owned and operated vineyard and winery located in the foothills overlooking the Shenandoah Valley, which is world-renowned for its scenic beauty and history. Low rainfall and deep rocky soils make this an ideal location for growing the highest quality grapes used to make Cave Ridge wines.
These Virginia wines are aged either in barrels in our climate controlled barrel room or in stainless steel tanks where the temperature is computer controlled to give us the optimal conditions to develop the wine.
Sudha’s knowledge of complex spices acquired during her childhood in India enable her to coax latent flavors from her grapes that perhaps would be overlooked by others. Her focus is to create graceful wines that are a true reflection of the fruit and to produce Virginia wines of the highest possible quality.
Born out of our love of fine wines and delicious food, Castle Glen Estates Farm and Winery has become the premiere boutique winery for the best Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in Virginia. After traveling the world and sampling Cabernet from the old world and the new, we decided to make our way back home and bring the world to you.
North Mountain Vineyard & Winery will be joining us this year at the August 5, 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival On Sunny Slope Farm in support of the Artisan Center of Virginia. Come on out to taste their wine as well as wine from 10 other Shenandoah Valley Virginia Wineries.
Crosskeys Vineyards will be joining us this year at the August 5, 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival On Sunny Slope Farm in support of the Artisan Center of Virginia. Come on out to taste their wine as well as wine from 10 other Shenandoah Valley Virginia Wineries.
Hunts Vineyard will be joining us this year at the August 5, 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival On Sunny Slope Farm in support of the Artisan Center of Virginia. Come on out to taste their wine as well as wine from 10 other Shenandoah Valley Virginia Wineries.
Third Hill Winery at DeMello Vineyards will be joining us this year at the August 5, 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival On Sunny Slope Farm in support of the Artisan Center of Virginia. Come on out to taste their wine as well as wine from 10 other Shenandoah Valley Virginia Wineries.
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thur. Additional: 7:00 PM -9:00 PM
Tours and Meetings can be schedule on Contact Page.
Follow us on Facebook
- 2017 Wine and Oyster Festival Sponsors
- 2017 Wine and Oyster Festival Wineries
- 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival Culinary Food Pairings
- 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival Sponsors
- 2018 Wine and Oyster Festival Wineries
- Additional Services
- Authentic Italian wood fired Pizza and foods available for your wedding On Sunny Slope Farm
- Availability Calendar
- Bar Service
- Day of Wedding Coordinator
- Decoration Packages
- Directions to Venue Entrance: 1000 Erickson Avenue, Harrisonburg Va. 22801
- Egghouse offers kitchen, bath, bedroom, living room, cable TV and wireless internet
- Elope in Virginia On Sunny Slope Farm Wedding Venue
- Floral Packages for weddings On Sunny Slope Farm
- Food Truck Fest 2017
- Glamping = simple camping + Valley luxury
- Historic 350 Acre Family Farm Wedding Venue
- Hotel Madison and Shenandoah Valley Conference Center
- Luxury Spa Experience
- On Sunny Slope Farm – Wedding & Reception Venue
- Our Favorite Vendors
- Our Story
- OWF New
- Oyster & Wine Festival
- Photo Gallery
- Prepare – Enrich Premarital Counseling
- Rustic Chic Dressing Suites and Handicapped Accessible Bathrooms
- Rustic Chic Venue offers Valley Luxury and Southern Hospitality
- Secondhand Snags (3) : A Recycled Wedding Yardsale
- Spirit of the Valley Festival
- Terms of service
- Volunteer for Wine and Oyster Festival
- Wedding Package Add-Ons
- Wedding Planning and Venue Price Packages
- Wedding Vendors
- Wedding Venue near Washington DC
- Wine and Oyster Festival
- Wine and Oyster Festival Vendor Application
ON SUNNY SLOPE FARM
1000 Erickson Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
1672 Sunny Slope Lane
Harrisonburg, VA 22801