Courtesy Welcome Tours
To start your wedding planning off in the right direction, we offer courtesy (free) welcome tours every day of the week. Easily schedule your visit online and make us your last stop in the Shenandoah Valley as you tour venues.
The last venue you will need to tour
Once you tour our venue, see the beauty, and hear about all the support and services we offer to make your wedding easy and stress-free, you won’t need to tour any other venue.
Specials and Bonus Services offered on your welcome tour
We know that the expense of planning a wedding can feel overwhelming. On Sunny Slope Farm is here to help make your wedding planning more manageable and less costly by offering specials and bonus services during your tour. For example, make sure to ask your tour guide about our free ceremony live stream service on your tour.
What should you ask on your welcome tour visit to any wedding venue according to Brides.com?
Pricing and Availability
- Is my date of choice available? If not, are there any surrounding dates available? Or do you have a wait list for dates?
- How far in advance can I reserve my date?
- What are the rates for different days of the week and times (Friday, Saturday, Sunday; morning, afternoon, evening)? What about different seasons?
- How many hours are included in the rental of the space? How early can we arrive, and how late can we stay?
- How much is the deposit?
- How do you structure the payment schedule?
- What is included in the total? Does it cover service charges, gratuity, and cleaning fees, or are those additional line items?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- When is the last possible date to make changes to our reservation?
- Do you have a list of approved or recommended vendors we can use?
- Do we have to use your approved vendors? If not, are there limitations or guidelines we need to meet when bringing others in?
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- How many bathrooms are there? Will we need to rent additional portable restrooms?
- Is parking available on-site? How much space is there? Will guests be charged for parking?
- What is the venue’s capacity?
- Do you have your own sound equipment and speakers, or will those need to be rented or provided by the entertainment?
- What is the backup plan for rain or inclement weather?
- Are there any décor restrictions?
- When can vendors arrive for setup?
- Will your staff be involved in setting up and breaking down the décor? In what capacity?
Food and Drinks
- Do you have an in-house caterer? If so, are food and beverages included in the venue rental fee?
- If there is not an in-house caterer, do we have to choose from a list of approved options, or can we hire our own caterer?
- Do you have a food and beverage minimum? What are the consequences if we don’t meet it?
- Do we have to purchase liquor through you, or can we source liquor elsewhere?
- If we can bring our own liquor onto the property, is there a corkage or service fee?
- Who will be our point person as we plan our wedding? Who will be our point person on our wedding day?
- Can we meet them today on our welcome tour?
- Where can the bridal party and guests find accommodations?