https://i0.wp.com/onsunnyslopefarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/who-pays-for-the-wedding-partys-accommodation-1.jpg?fit=1200%2C1600&ssl=1 1600 1200 Harry Jarrett https://onsunnyslopefarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/OSS-logo-WEB.png Harry Jarrett2021-09-25 07:57:522021-09-25 10:19:31FAQ: Who Should Pay for the Wedding Party’s Accommodation?
FAQ: Who Should Pay for the Wedding Party’s Accommodation?
Wondering who pays for the wedding party’s accommodation? You’re not alone! When it comes to weddings, we get so many questions about who’s supposed to pay for what, and wedding accommodation is a source of much confusion. We’re often asked, “Should I offer to pay for hotel rooms for the Maid of Honour/bridesmaids/Best Man/groomsmen/parents on the night of the wedding?” so today, we’re providing a straight-forward answer!
- As a general rule, In Ireland and the UK, the couple aren’t expected to pay for anyone’s accommodation but their own.
- In some parts of the world, like the USA and Australia, it’s fairly common for the couple to pay for the bridesmaid’s and/or groomsmen’s accommodation on the night of the wedding, so there’s a chance that wedding party members in these regions, or from these regions, might expect it.
- If you’ve requested that the wedding party stay overnight in your venue (this is most common for bridesmaids staying the night before the wedding), and your venue is very expensive, this puts your wedding party members in a tricky position, where they feel obliged to spend more than they had previously budgeted on accommodation. In this case, it’s only fair that you offer to pay for part or all of the room fee.
- In general, the couple aren’t expected to pay for wedding party accommodation the night before, the night of, or the night after the wedding, unless one of the exceptions above apply.
- In general, the couple aren’t expected to pay for guest or wedding party accommodation at destination weddings, so long as the accommodation is reasonably affordable.
Source: FAQ: Who Should Pay for the Wedding Party’s Accommodation?